Grocery Outlet Bargain Market, the nation’s fastest-growing, extreme-value grocery retailer, opens its newest location today at 2270 Lake Ave. in Altadena, CA creating 29 new jobs in the community.
The grand opening celebration includes a unique ribbon-cutting ceremony to “Unlock the Savings” along with a donation to the Altadena Town Council Education Committee presented by independent owner-operators Mario and Michell Guajardo. In true Grocery Outlet fashion, the amount that shoppers save on their grocery purchases during the new store’s first hour of operation determines the total donation amount.
Grocery Outlet stores are independently operated by local families who are committed to supporting their communities. “We are thrilledto open a Grocery Outlet here in Altadena and bring the community a simple way to save money on their groceries,” said Mario and Michell. “This partnership with Grocery Outlet allows us to be true entrepreneurs, create new jobs and have a positive impact on the neighborhood.”
Grocery Outlet offers the same trusted brands as traditional grocery stores, but at prices 40 to 70 percent less. Its buyers scour the country to find the top manufacturers with excess inventory, and seasonal closeouts so Grocery Outlet can offer “WOW savings” of 50 percent or more on thousands of name-brand products.
- 8:55 a.m. – “Unlock the Savings” Ribbon-cutting Grand Opening Ceremony
- 9:15 a.m. – Doors Open (First 200 customers in line receive Grocery Outlet Bargain Bucks in mystery amounts ranging from $5 to $200. Must be 18 years of age or older.)
- 11 a.m. – “Donate What You Saved” Donation Presentation to Altadena Town Council Education Committee
- All shoppers will receive a free reusable bag, while supplies last.
- Between December 13, 2018 –January 10, 2019, customers may enter for a chance to win a grand prize of Free Groceries for 1 Year! ($100 per month for one year, a $1,200 value). The grand prize drawing will take place at the end of the day on Thursday, January 10, 2019, at the Altadena Grocery Outlet. (Must be 18 years of age or older. One entry per person, per day. No purchase necessary. Winner need not be present to win but must claim the prize within three days of notification or another winner will be chosen. No cash value and no substitutions.)
2270 Lake Ave.
Altadena, CA 91001
Grand Opening Store Hours:
9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
About Grocery Outlet
Based in Emeryville, California, Grocery Outlet offers big savings on brand name products, with customers able to save 40% to 70% compared to conventional retailers. The fastest growing, extreme-value grocer in the U.S., Grocery Outlet has more than 300 locations in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Washington. Grocery Outlet carries a full range of products. From fresh produce, meat, deli and dairy to a wide assortment of natural and organic choices. They also offer a large selection of beer and wine, health and beauty care, as well as seasonal items. A third-generation, family-led company founded in 1946, Grocery Outlet’s mission has always been to provide customers an exciting place to find WOW savings on name brands they trust. Grocery Outlet stores are run by an independent owner-operator in the local community.
For more information about Grocery Outlet, please visit www.GroceryOutlet.com.
Follow Altadena Grocery Outlet on Facebook: @AltadenaGroceryOutlet