The Pasadena Chamber of Commerce has been growing in recent years. Our membership is increasing year-over-year by about 100 new members. We are very pleased to welcome so many new enterprises to the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce.
At the Pasadena Chamber, we are also seeing an increasing in the number of renewing companies. Some of that can be attributed to the slow leveling off of our local economy. We also hope these renewing members are seeing increased value for their membership in the Pasadena Chamber.
For the second year in a row, Joan De Souza of Joan's Candles and Gifts recruited the most new members to the Chamber. She won a free full-color ad in our 2014 Business Directory, Community and Visitor Guide as a reward.
With the new fiscal year, our recruitment efforts and incentive begins again. The he company that refers the most new members between July 1, 2013, and June 30, 2014, will receive a FREE full color ad in the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce Business Directory, Visitor and Community Guide. The ad has a sale value of $795. If you refer a new member to the Chamber, please be sure to let Kelly know by emailing email@example.com or calling 626-795-3355. There is also a space on the membership application for a new member to tell us who referred them for Pasadena Chamber members.
Please join us as we host ribbon cutting ceremonies for new Pasadena Chamber member businesses and organizations:
- On Wednesday, September 4th at 4PM, we celebrate the new Small Business Development Center opening at Pasadena City College's Foothill Campus, 3035 E. Foothill Blvd., Pasadena 91107.Come celebrate the opening of this valuable resource for our local businesses.
- On Thursday, September 5th we celebrate the opening of 168 (onesixeight) in Old Pasadena with a ribbon cutting celebration and party. Join us at 6:30PM at 168 West Colorado for a fun evening at Pasadena's newest Asian fusion restaurant.
- On Thursday, September 12 from 5:00 PM-6:00 PM we celebrate new member Nicola Borland Photography at 1815 El Sereno Ave, Pasadena, CA, 91103. (Between Washington and Woodbury, 1 block west of Fair Oaks.)
- Hi Neighbor! Pasadena Crown City Chorus has become one of the newest members of the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce. We are celebrating with a "Ribbon Cutting" on Thursday, September 12, at 7:00 p.m. The ceremony will take place at our rehearsal hall at the Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1757 North Lake Avenue. We will gather in the hall directly off the parking lot behind the church. Established more than 65 years ago, the Pasadena Crown City Chorus was formed to give a supportive venue for all who want to sing in a capella, barbershop style harmony. The chorus performs several times a year in public and competes twice a year with some of the best singers in the world. Please go to www.CrownCityChorus.com, and click on events to get full details of our "Ribbon Cutting." We invite all members to attend and share with us the initial Chamber of Commerce event with the chorus. Refreshments will be served
- We cut a ribbon to celebrate the opening of The Salt Studio at 1380 E. Walnut St., Pasadena 91106, on Friday, September 20th at 5PM. Join us for the celebration and much more.
- On Monday, September 23rd from 5:00 PM-7:00 PM we cut the ribbon on new Pasadena business Homestreet Bank at 225 S. Lake Ave., Suite 830 in Pasadena.
- On Saturday Oct 5 we will be celebrating a ribbon cutting and Grand Re-opening of StarMakers Costumes & Parties. It will be at 12 noon at 605 N Lake Avenue Pasadena. Come preview and get Halloween 2013 costumes. The party will continue All weekend long and all month. Come walk our red carpet, take photos in costumes and share with your friends! There will be music, games and door prizes. We will also be celebrating Q's 5 year anniversary of owning StarMakers. We can't wait. There will be something for everyone and we hope you can be there as this will be our best October ever!
New members welcomed at our Chamber networking events in August were:
At our networking breakfast in August, we met new member:
New members are always introduced at our networking breakfast and lunch. Asa new member benefit, you can receive a certificate good for attendance at one of either our Luncheon Alliance on the first Wednesday of each month or the Connection Breakfast on the second Thursday of each month.
These are the new Pasadena Chamber members for July, 2013:
Achieve S.M.A.R.T. Goals, Laura Wilcox Hypnotherapist, CHT, MNLP, (626) 344-0046
Colledge, Jenny Umhofer, (626) 344-0332
Freshly Squeezed Juice Bar, Yvette Hawkins, (626) 577-5001
Guardian, Helen Mathis, (800) 913-0940
M & R Tax Services, George Moufarrej, (626) 993-6707
M2B Marketing, Inc., Dianne Smith, (855) 326-2777
Margit Arrobio-Podley Properties, Margit Arrobio, (626) 664-5546
PacTrust Bank, Sandy Holguin, (626) 793-7880
Paper Owls, Grecia Gomez, (626) 584-1444
Pasadena Crown City Chorus, Jose Ochoa, (626) 233-4697
Sasha Renee Photography, Sasha Renee Tracy, (626) 394-4039
SoCal Office Technology-A Xerox Company, Jon Albert, (818) 319-1069
Tom Bowers-Podley Properties, Tom Bowers, (626) 390-4202
Ultra Way LLC, Peggy Fan, (626) 888-9297
Urth Caffe, Fernando Perez, (213) 229-8925
VA Print Media, Vahe Atchabahian, (626) 354-5924
Yogurtland Pasadena, Ka Man Chan, (626) 329-8829
These Pasadena Chamber members renewed their membership investment in July, 2013:
One to Five Years
ACTS Thrift Store
Fire Family Foundation
Fox Junk Removal
Green Street Restaurant
Integrated Resource Solutions Group
Kings Row Gastropub
Law Office of Stephen R. Golden
Law Offices of Michele Holt-Brooke
Merry/San Marino Plumbing
Modern Art Pictures
Pasadena Hastings Center
Pasadena Massage Company
Sierra Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram
Singpoli Capital Corporation
Trademark Development Co., LLC
Trammell Crow Company
Umami Burger Pasadena
Western Supreme Rooter, Inc.
Six to Nine Years
F & M Business Center
Financial Network Investment Corporation
James McCaleb & Company (USA)
Millennium Pension Services, Inc.
Ten to Fourteen Years
ResultWorx Technology Solutions Inc.
Temple city Dental Care
Tetra Tech, Inc.
Fifteen to Fifty Years
Al Brooks Rose Bowl Tours
Buca Di Beppo Pasadena
Fisher Benefits Resource Group
FVO Solutions, Inc.
Hathaway-Sycamores Child & Family Services
Kiwanis Club of Pasadena
LACERA Gateway Property, Inc.
Pacific Oaks College and Children’s School
Pasadena Convention Center
Pasadena Scottish Rite Childhood Language Center
Sheraton Pasadena Hotel
Shuster Financial Group, LLC
West Coast Trophy Center
Whole Foods Market
More Than Fifty Years
Krost, Baumgarten, Kniss & Guerrero, 57yrs
Pasadena Star News, 93yrs