The Pasadena Chamber of Commerce organizes and facilitates several committees that promote activities, events, advocacy and outreach to support our membership.
Each committee is chaired by a member of the Board of Directors of the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce. Any Pasadena Chamber of Commerce member is welcome to take part in these committees and participation by a diverse group is welcomed and encouraged.
These committees assist staff and Chamber leadership in implementation of our annual Program of Work and in our efforts to be as effective as possible in support of the prosperity of each and every Pasadena Chamber of Commerce member company:
ECONOMIC AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE Vice-chair: Don Schweitzer, Schweitzer Law Partners
The Chamber will will help our members develop and maximize their business performance and connect to do business together. We will build our local economy in collaboration with all stakeholders. We will support efforts to recruit companies to Pasadena, especially large companies.
Business Development Work Program:
· The Chamber will encourage members to do business with one another, collaborate and interact.
· The Chamber will disseminate bidding, contracting and RFP information and opportunities to the membership.
· The Chamber will continue to reach out to important local stakeholders to assess economic health, needs and prospects.
· The Chamber host an annual Procurement Forum in March for small businesses to access large member companies.
· The Chamber will host the Pasadena Economic and Business Summit in October with the City of Pasadena.
· The Chamber will begin implementing Grow With Us, our web and social media effort to recruit business to Pasadena.
MEMBER SERVICES Vice-chair: Katelyn Barchowski, University Club
The Chamber will increase value to our members by serving their needs, supporting their interests, enhancing their prosperity and providing a forum for advice, as well as networking, promotional, and advertising opportunities.
Member Services Work Program:
· The Chamber Board will actively participate in Chamber and member events and activities.
· The Chamber will provide diverse educational opportunities for the membership.
· The Chamber will facilitate collaborative endeavors among members and encourage them to do business together.
· The Chamber will embrace new members and provide contact, support and assistance to help them prosper.
· The Chamber will recognize member milestones and important anniversaries.
· The Chamber will show value to the members and community through the efforts we make on behalf of the members.
- Member Services will publicize its work on behalf of the membership (working with the Marketing and Technology Committee).
- Member Services Committee and Chamber staff will devise an incentive and recognition program for those who refer new members. Each successful referral will be recognized as well as the one with the most each fiscal year.
- We will institute a regular testimonial program to help drive attendance at events and highlight the value of Chamber membership.
- We will post clips to social media regularly promoting the networking events.
Chair: Joan De Souza, Joan's Candles and Home Decor, Business4Business Think Tank, Pasadena Quarterbacks Club
LEGISLATIVE AND GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE Vice-Chair: Charlotte Lacey, Pasadena Humane
The Chamber represent the best interests of our members by serving as an effective advocate before local, regional, and federal governing bodies.
Advocacy Work Program:
· The Chamber will remain a vigilant participant in legislative, regulatory, permitting, development tax and fee proposals that can impact our membership and take positions on other items that may impact our member businesses.
· The Chamber will use e-mail action alerts to mobilize the membership on important issues and distribute its legislative platform and positions on issues to the membership in an easily readable form.
· The Chamber will inform the membership about our legislative platform and positions on issues through the e-Bulletin.
· The Chamber will track issues and report to the membership on positions and effectiveness of our platform.
· The Chamber will host candidate forums as appropriate for local elections.
TECHNOLOGY Vice-Chair: Justin Tsui, TeamLogic IT
- The Chamber will enhance our support services and resources for members by using state-of-the-art computer, internet and mobile technology. The Chamber will market its services and benefits to prospective and existing members and the community using effective messaging through traditional and innovative means.
Technology Work Program:
· Chamber will promote our mobile applications to better serve and drive business to members.
· Using the internet, the Chamber will survey member attitudes, interests.
· The Chamber will use social media to inform our membership, publicize events and activities and promote our members.
· The Chamber will add Grow With Us, our business recruitment program, to the website.
· The Chamber will engage interns to assess and implement a more robust social media effort on our behalf.
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT Vice-chair: Lynnelle Bryant, Masbuild
The Chamber will will assist employers with identifying and hiring qualified workers to fill openings. We will assist those seeking employment in our local economy by connecting them with education, training and opportunities for employment.
Workforce Development Work Program:
· The Chamber will connect community resources to help ensure effective training and educational opportunities exist for prospective employees and others and partner with schools and organizations to facilitate mentorship and internship opportunities for students.
·We will help identify members' challenges in recruiting and hiring employees
- Support local educational institutions in their workforce development efforts and initiatives.
- Assist in connecting work-based learning providers with opportunities with Chamber member companies.
- Identify appropriate workforce support and hiring programs and publicize to our members
Task Forces and Ad Hoc Committees
As needed, task forces and ad hoc committees are appointed by the board of directors to address issues that affect the business community. These groups do in-depth studies of specific issues and prepare recommendations for positions or actions for the board of directors.
For information on joining any of the Pasadena Chamber committees email firstname.lastname@example.org.